The Canberra branch of AEVA welcomes people who are interested in any or all aspects of electric vehicles such as: conversions, commercialisation, public policy and advocacy. If you wish to be involved, please come along to the meetings. You can also contact the branch here. It is not necessary to be a member of AEVA to attend the Canberra meetings. If you wish to join AEVA (and that is encouraged), please contact AEVA.
The objectives of AEVA are:
- To promote and develop the use and demand for electric vehicles for industrial, commercial, public, domestic and / or other purposes.
- To assist and further the interests of manufactures, suppliers and users of electric vehicles and to encourage friendly relations and the exchange of information between them.
- To collect, disseminate and circulate knowledge on the use and merits of electric vehicles by means of literature, correspondence, questionnaires, brochures, lectures, statistics films otherwise.
- To establish the Association as an authoritative source of information on electric vehicles with Federal, State and local governments, public authorities, corporation, firms and persons.
- To promote, assist and support industrial and scientific research and encourage experimental work and the discovery of inventions which may effect or may be capable of use in electric vehicles.
To encourage the establishment and acceptance of standards of quality and performance of electric vehicles.
The branch is constituted in accordance with AEVA's constitution - similar to a club. There is an elected committee from which specific responsibilities are allocated:
Julia McDonald, President
Karl Goiser, Secretary and webmaster
Tony Castley, Treasurer
Heather Peacock, Events officer