- Why Electric Vehicles?
- Types of Electric Vehicles
- BMW to produce electric car
- Ford Focus
- Hyundai's BlueOn
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Prius - plug-in
- Tata's Indica Vista (India)
- Think City (Finland)
- Varley evR
- Volvo EV
- Other vehicles
- Canberra Light Rail?
- Adelaide light rail extension
- Bendigo Trams
- Christchurch tramway extensions
- Gold Coast Light Rail
- Greens push for light rail plan
- Sydney light rail extensions
- Wellington Light Rail?
- Constructing an electric vehicle
- Helpful websites
- Parts and Suppliers
- The history of the electric car
- Wacky, Wild and Wonderful
Canberra would have a light rail system under a plan by the Greens
GREENS leader Bob Brown has launched a light rail blueprint for Canberra as part of a plan to establish light rail in cities across the nation.
Senator Brown wants revenue from the mining tax to be diverted into fast rail to link capital cities and light rail in cities to ease congestion.
Senator Brown said the proposal could be funded through a “fair mining tax” or the Future Fund.
http://www.railpage.com.au/news-8034. Mon July 26th, 2010